Wrinkle Treatment Consultation
What is a Wrinkle Treatment Consultation?
Keeping your face smooth and supple is no easy task. Wrinkles form as our skin ages and losses its youthful elasticity it once had.
Anti-ageing treatments are a quick and convenient way to smooth out those lines, relaxing muscles on the forehead, around the eyes and mouth resulting in a natural, rejuvenated fresher you.
DK aesthetics can offer remarkable results combined with very few risks and little recovery time following a comprehensive consultation within a private clinical environment performed by our highly qualified medical professional.
For any questions or queries, please email us at DkAestheticsenquiries@outlook.com
- Avoid applying makeup to the injected sites 12 hours post treatment to reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 8 hours after treatment.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking medication such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen or other strong painkillers for 8 hours.
- Remember the 3’S’s of premature skin ageing and try to limit these, Sun, smoking and stress.
- Results of treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. All clients are given a two week review appointment post treatment to assess effectiveness and discuss any queries. Further treatment may be indicated at the review appointment and top up offered ensuring that you are entirely satisfied with the results.
How long do anti wrinkle treatments last?
Anti-wrinkle treatments can last between 3-6 months; duration can vary due to a number of contributory factors such as area treated, skin reaction and individual lifestyle.
What will the treatment involve?
The treatment will involve a series of small injections into the muscles of your face following careful assessment of muscle activity and facial markings for product placement. The injection process itself will only take several minutes..
Does it hurt?
The procedure is largely pain free, with the exception of mild discomfort which is experienced due to the small needle injection involved. You may notice some soreness in the injection site directly after the treatment, but this should subside quickly.
Are anti-wrinkle injections safe?
Botulinum toxin has been in medical use for more than four decades, and it is administered in such a way that it only affects your muscles and sweat glands – it does not reach any other part of the body. As long as it is administered by a qualified medical professional, the risks are extremely minimal.
What happens after treatment?
You can carry on with your day as normal; you will likely have small bumps underneath the skin at the sites of injection. This technique allows the toxin to diffuse down to the muscle rather than being injected directly into muscle and increasing the risk of bruising. These bumps should disappear within one hour post injection
What areas can benefit from an anti-wrinkle injection?
Anti – wrinkle injections are most effective when used to reduce the signs of ageing in the following places:
- Between the eyes- frown lines
- Sides of the eyes- crow’s feet
What are the possible side effects?
Most side effects are short-lived and mild with bruising the most common complication of treatment – although still relatively rare and can be reduced by applying ice. All clients are given a take home supply of arnica post treatment to apply to any affected areas. Makeup/concealer can be applied the following day to cover any bruising that may occur. Patients also report mild headaches shortly after the treatment, but these usually subside within 24 hours. In the case of a headache post procedure take pain killers as you would to treat any other headache.
If your eyebrow or eyelid droops following treatment, please attend for your follow up appointment as there are several steps that can be taken to correct this rare complication.
Cautions / Contraindications
You should not have this treatment if:
- The injection site is infected
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You are pregnant/undergoing IVF treatment or breastfeeding
- You have a neuromuscular disorder (e.g. myasthenia gravis)
Keira is profesional, knowledgeable and approachable, her qualifications and skills are impressive and I genuinely couldn’t be happier with the result