What is Lip Augmentation and do I need it?
Volume loss of the lips occurs naturally with time and age, replacing this volume can result in more youthful looking lips with enhanced definition and volume added to the philtrum, cupids bow, and lip body.
Here at DK Aesthetics we will be able to assist you on your lip journey, creating an appropriate treatment plan for the aesthetic outcome you are looking for. Before treatment takes place, a strong and effective prescription anaesthetic cream is applied to the lips 15 minutes prior to enhancement.
The filler is injected at precise locations within lips and is carefully massaged to smooth out the product. Whilst the treatment is taking place you will be given a mirror to hold so that you can see the results, which are apparent immediately. The whole treatment should take around 30 minutes.
- DO NOT apply makeup or creams for at least 12 hours post lip filler Treatment to reduce the already small risk of infection.
- DO NOT expose the treatment areas to extreme heat (e.g. sunbeds /sunbathing/solarium/ sauna) for at least 14 days, as this may affect product durability.
- DO gently massage the lips as lumps can occasionally occur when the dermal filler absorbs water from the body and swells.
- For the first 24hours post treatment these lumps can easily be massaged away (between the finger and thumb), do not massage filler lumps that cannot be seen as this can displace filler.
- Individual aftercare advice and massage demonstration will be given after your treatment.
When can I see Results?
Dermal flller applied to the lips often causes swelling. The degree of swelling is not proportional to the amount of product inserted. Your lips will settle within 14 days to how they should look for the remainder of your treatment cycle. Each individual will vary in how quick they will see results, some clients will swell immediately and some will see delayed swelling within 12-24 hrs post procedure.
How long does it last?
DK aesthetics only uses premium products with most lip filler lasting 9-12 months, duration can vary dependent upon each client’s lifestyle factors.
Do Lip Fillers hurt?
Tot with our fabulous numbing cream (our secret formula) which is applied 15 minutes pre procedure and reapplied throughout if required
Are there any risks involved?
Bruising is the most common complication of treatment, this can be reduced by applying ice and avoiding alcohol 24-48hrs pre and post procedure. It is ok to cover any bruising with concealer /makeup the next day.
If you are using aspirin, clopidogrel , warfarin or similar medication be aware that these may increase the bruising or bleeding at the injection site . Rarely numbness or tingling occurs over the site of injection. If the area remains blanched ( pale) or becomes extremely painful please contact clinic immediately as it may be a complication from treatment that requires medical intervention.
If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores there is a risk the needle puncture may activate an inflammatory response and trigger the eruption of a further cold sore. It is advised to take preventative medication a few days before the procedure to limit these risks